Saturday, September 15, 2012

Transformation

This last week I swapped my electric guitar for an elliptical trainer.  Gotta love Craig's List.  It was a bit of a hassle as the woman who I swapped with forgot the AC adapter and had to mail it to me but yesterday I used my cross trainer for the first time and I can honestly say that last night was the most focused, clear and at peace I've felt for a long while. 

I stopped taking Lamictacl almost 4 weeks ago and I've been taking the Spirulina, Chlorella and Vitamin D religiously. I've also adhered to my vegan diet aside from feta cheese which I occasionally sprinkle on a kale salad.  I've had ups and downs... moments of brain fog and extreme fatigue.  Yesterday, I either broke out in a rash or was bit by something because my right hand has a few small red welts all over it.  Chlorella is a detoxer so it's possible that the rash is a result of detox.  I'm sure there's plenty of toxins still in me.  30 days of juice fasting was not long enough to purge my body of all the crap I polluted it with over the years.



Nothing on the job front.  Yesterday I drove all the way to the East bay for an interview that lasted five minutes.  It was an annoyance but I'm not going there.  In fact, I'm going to try to just let the bullshit fly by and not give it the attention it doesn't deserve.

Monday afternoon at 4 I have another phone interview. It's for a gaming company so i get to do research on this company this weekend by way of playing games.  I can think of worse ways to spend my weekend and I certainly could think of more boring companies to research.

I did my elliptical this morning already.  It's pretty awesome to be able to do cardio any time I want.  I'm going to do the elliptical again tonight.  My goal is to try to do it twice daily on days that I don't run or do yoga.

Last weekend I was a very bad girl.  My neighbors who live on the other side of the property had a wedding.  The backyard lot had a fully stocked bar, a dance floor, DJ and catered buffet.   It was pretty fucking awesome but I fell off the wagon big time.  All my neighbors who live on the street were invited and we were seated at the same table. I would've been okay if I'd have stopped at wine but I ended up doing tequila shots with my neighbors towards the end of the night.  Some of the younguns that attended the wedding came to the afterparty at the house I live in and ended up peeing in the lawn which sent my (house) neighbor in a tizzy.  I can't say I blame her for getting annoyed but then again it was her idea to have the afterparty.

One of my neighbors was telling one of the youngsters at the wedding that when we were their age, the George Orwell novel, 1984 was in the future. They were all like "wow" and I felt so old...

My introduction to George Orwell's 1984 was the David Bowie album, Diamond Dogs, which I listened to religiously when I was a child.  My brother told me the story of 1984 and how the Bowie almond related to it and that album forever remains my favorite album of all time. 

As a child that listened to Bowie, when I thought about 1984, it seemed so far off in the future.  It was the year before I would graduate from high school.  Now it's 18 years ago.  Damn, life flies.  I've said this before and I'll say it again:  life is like a roll of toilet paper....the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.

So last Sunday I had the worst hangover I can recall having in years.  It was so bad that I have sworn off shots of any sort of alcohol for what's left of my life.  I'm just too damn old for that shit.  Ironically, it was Sunday when I received an email from the lady about swapping the elliptical for the guitar.

I had placed the ad when I still had my juicer (which I sold a couple of years ago).  I expected that perhaps someone would be into swapping the juicer for the elliptical but never the guitar.  Nobody responded to the ad which was listed for weeks.  I thought it expired so I was totally surprised and super psyched when I got the email about swapping the guitar for the elliptical which retailed at over $1,000 five years ago. 

So, perhaps the elliptical email was the universe magically relaying a message to me that my hangover was just a hiccup and I was to resume the path of emotional, physical and spiritual transformation that I had previously been on.

And so it shall be.


No comments:

Post a Comment