Thursday, August 16, 2012

Crock Pot Cherry Popping for Vegans

Today is an exciting day for me.  I am finally using the crock pot I bought a few weeks ago.  My self-made concoction is currently in slow cooking mode.  I finally made use of the two cans of Whole Foods organic black beans which have been sitting in my cupboard for over a year.  No canned anything for me from this day forward... it's all about fresh, fresh, fresh from here on out!

Here's what's currently brewing:

2 cans organic black beans
1 onion & 4 leeks (pre-sautee'd)
3 stalks of diced celery
3 carrots (pre-steamed)
Annie's Organic Smokey Maple BBQ Sauce
Oregano, Basil, Rosemary, Garlic, chilli pepper powder
1/2 pack of Yves Ground Round (vegan ground beef substitute)

This could end up being really good or perhaps not so much.  I hope it's at least palatable.  Will find out at 7:00 when it should be finished.

I plan on serving this over Quinoa.  How's that for healthy, bitches??

Yesterday I went into San Francisco for that interview.  I was there for over an hour and a half.  I interviewed with the same lady I interviewed with on the phone last week along with one other senior person.  Without revealing too much about this company, it is entertainment-based but the position is for online advertising which is something I did for the last 3 years while employed at the place that shall not be named.  They will not be filling the position for at least another month and the next round of interviews would happen in a couple of weeks.  So, once again, I'm in waiting mode.

I really want the job but I have to let it go and leave it to fate, destiny, the universe, higher power, whatever...  it really comes down to how important someone with a strong entertainment background like me is to them.  If so, then I think I got the advantage.  If not, then perhaps they want someone with a more solid online advertising background.  My lone online advertising experience was acquired at TPTSNBN.

Commuting to San Francisco is a bitch.   Depending on where in San Francisco I need to be, I will either drive or take the Larkspur ferry.  The ferry is expensive (was just increased to $18 round trip) but so is parking and there is a toll to go over the Golden Gate.  At least with the Ferry, I get to enjoy a nice trip and the Ferry building is really cool except for all the places that sell pig and cow body parts. That always grosses me out.  It's expensive, though.  I bought a bag of fresh trail mix for $5. 

Yesterday I took the ferry in.  While I got there an hour before my ferry was scheduled to depart, I didn't find a parking place until about ten minutes before it left.  Because of the State of CA's budget cuts, all ferry tickets need to be purchased by way of machine.   The process of buying a ticket is very simple but, for whatever reason, when I'm pressured for time and in danger of missing my ferry, I am challenged with using it.  Every time that I get on that ferry, I am big time stressed.

Hopefully I will be summoned into San Francisco for another interview soon so I can experiment with another method of commute.  My neighbor suggested driving to Marin and hopping on a commuter bus.  I'm sure it's cheaper than the ferry and a lot less stressful.... at least I hope so.   When I do get a job, if it's in San Francisco, I will need to find a practical way of commuting until I relocate to Marin county.

I was gone for so long yesterday, that my little Magic was upset. This is something else that scares me.  Magic has become used to me being around and when I start working, she will be alone again.  She's a very needy cat.  While she's 2 years old, her personality is still very kitten like.  I thought about getting her a playmate but there is no guarantee that this playmate will be as well-behaved as Magic.

Magic is the first cat I've ever own who doesn't attempt to scratch everything.  Magic knows what gets scratched: her $75 scratching post and nothing else.  Besides that post, the only other thing that Magic's nails penetrate is my skin (due to Magic's overwhelming affection for me).  Magic goes to the bathroom in her box--not the tub or shower or outside the box.  Magic doesn't puke very often.   Perhaps when I move, I will live someplace with hardwood floors.  Then I won't hesitate to get a playmate or at least foster a kitty to see how Magic adapts to another feline.

Magic is my daughter.  She needs me and I need her.  While I'm looking forward to finding a job and going back to work, there is a part of me that will be sad for Magic.




No comments:

Post a Comment