Sunday, August 5, 2012

Juice Fast Day 30 - the finish line

I made it!  Fasted for 30 days and haven't died.  Overall, I feel pretty good.  Today I had a headache and felt off.  But then I did that thing that I do to aid in the detox--- you know the one that involves caffeine, a bag, my ass and a tube?  As soon as I did that, my headache was gone!  I neglected the CE for two days this week and both times I felt those detox symptoms rearing their ugly heads again (headache and an overall "blah" feeling).  This just confirms that to effectively do a detox fast of any sort, you must regularly do the CE to flush the toxins out; otherwise, those bitches'll make you crazy!!

Tomorrow is fruit only day for me...oh and juice.  Not giving up the juicing.  Going to break my fast with a piece of fruit--probably a golden apple and then have a fruit smoothie in the afternoon and probably another piece of fruit later in the day....  everything I've read states that you must be extremely careful when breaking the fast.  My digestive system is asleep so I need to wake it up ever so gently or it might get really pissed at me and then I'll really be miserable. 

I stocked up on all kinds of fruits and veggies today for consumption.  Can't wait to make salads.  I will do raw for most of the week and then transition to steamed veggies.  No coffee, wine or beer this week either.  Eventually, I will indulge in a cup of coffee every so often (orally) but my daily 2+ cups in the morning days are behind me now... so are my half-a-bottle-to-a-full-bottle nights of red wine consumption.  I think I will appreciate both wine and coffee so much more now...  As a result of the fast, I have a new appreciation for herbal teas which I have consumed religiously over the course of the last month. 


I've definitely lost weight.  Clothes that used to be tight on me no longer are.  I see a shadow of the body I once had and it feels pretty good.  I'm determined to get back to the weight I was ten years ago and I'm that much closer now...  In fact, a photographer friend of mine is going to do my headshots later this month.  I figure it couldn't hurt to have them so I can submit myself for work whenever it comes up.  It's not like I have a permanent job right now...

My skin has cleared up, my mouth feels amazingly fresh and I look much better than I did before the fast.  While I am still in the financial slump I was in a month ago, I'm confident that things will work out.  They have to.

Torchwood is my new BFF.  It's a TV show that airs on the BBC and that was recently added to Netflix.  It has elements of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and is just an overall entertaining show to watch.

But tonight... True Blood beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment