Saturday, August 4, 2012

Juice Fast Day 29 - My Body, the Hand Grenade

While America's ignorant homophobic population currently clogs their arteries by scarfing Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and nuggets, my wholesome body purrs gently in approval as I sip my spinach, carrot, celery, red onion and garlic, cherry tomato juice. 

What has always baffled me about these right wing self-righteous bible-thumpers is the fact that they pick and choose which verses in the bible they're going to enforce while ignoring any of the ones that just may incriminate them as being hellbound.

For example, there's that whole Body=Temple of God thing??


"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. " (1st Corinthians, 6:19/20)

I hardly see how wolfing low quality processed food into your temple body is glorifying GOD. I wonder just how many of these Chick-Fil-A loving mutants weren't virgins on their wedding night or disobeyed their parents or committed adultery?  My sister happens to be guilty of all three which means that, according to biblical law, she shall be stoned to death.  Of course, she prefers to judge the gays and ignore all the rest since it doesn't suit her.

Mr. Chick-Fil-A, Dan Cathy, didn't just say he believes in the biblical definition of marriage, he actually donates CORPORATE money to a number of hate organizations.  This is not okay! 

With all the commotion over the last week, I've gotten to see where people in my social network stand on the issue and I was disgusted to see that my youngest nephew is rallying behind CFA.  Someone really needs to educate him about his dead brother's sexual orientation.  Perhaps he'll break free of the bible-thumping shackles that my sister bound him with.... 

But until that apple distances himself far, far, far away from that tree, he continues to stuff toxic Chick-Fil-A into his body temple along with my fat sister while I, condemned to an afterlife of eternal hellfire of my own, purify my body temple with wholesome earth food.  I think if JC really did exist, he'd be way more content with the way I treat my body, than the way they treat theirs.

Last week when I went shopping, I stopped at Whole Foods to buy some things that I want to incorporate into my diet after I break my fast.  While I have been a vegetarian for most of my life, I have always been too much of a cheese addict to let it go.  My mom also loved cheese and when I was a kid, we'd eat gouda cheese and crackers which was part of her culture while she was growing up.  My favorite cake has always been cheese cake.  Favorite food = pizza.  I love all kinds of cheese...except blue.  Never quite got into eating moldy cheese.

While I cannot commit to going totally vegan just now, I'm making an attempt to cut dairy out of my home food.  I bought a couple of vegan cheese at WF and some nutritional yeast which is supposedly an amazing substitute for cheese.  Whole Foods is never cheap.  I would buy all my fruits and veggies there if I could; but unfortunately, it would cost me at least twice of what I'm paying now. 

I cannot believe I've made it this far.  Yay, me!  This started out as a 7 day fast and then extended to 10, then 14 and then 30.  30 days was always my desired goal but I didn't want to commit to it until I was certain that I could do it...and I have.  Jesus approves of this sinner, you Chick-Fil-A loving douchebags.





No comments:

Post a Comment