Sunday, June 24, 2012

Free Money

Suffering from a bit of a hangover this morning....  Last night's BYOT Summer Solstice party was fun.  Turns out not many people brought any talent.  I was surprised that out of all the actors in attendance, I was the only one who did a monologue.  A couple of actors didn't do anything.  Kind of rude.  If you go to a party that has a theme of performing and you're a performer, you're just going to kick back and watch others? 

I did my monologue and got an award for "best talent".  Ain't that sweet?  Of course, considering who I was up against, it would've been incredibly offensive if I had lost. 



Everybody left early but my friend and I stayed late.  I've been such a recluse, I forgot what it was like to be social.  Had I left when everybody else did, I'd be bright and perky this morning but staying those few extra hours did me in. 

I got home after midnight (late for wine country) and crashed for a couple of hours, then woke up wanting to die, took a valium and blissfully dozed off into a dreamworld where Magic was meshing w/ the property cats.  They were all in a nice little pile, grooming each other.

I maintain:  Cats are awesome. 

Perhaps the fact that my neighbors are gone and I'm watching the property cats this weekend is what spawned the cat orgy dream. 

I checked my CA LOTTO numbers this morning as I do every Sunday and Thursday.  This morning I noticed the winner was in Rohnert Park--- same county as I, only a half hour north.  Why couldn't it have been me?

One day when I was in college, I received a call from my dad.  Receiving a call from my dad was a surprise in itself but the fact that he wasn't drunk...whoa!  I think that may have been one of the only times in my adult life that my dad didn't call me under the influence.  He told me he dreamt that I won the lotto and made me promise that I would always play. 

Dad was quite the lotto junkie.  He spent thousands of dollars on lotto tickets.  I think he wanted to make it up to my mom and his kids for being such a shit dad and husband and leaving us nothing and making my mom sell everything including the house when she got remarried.   Mom's marriage lasted less than 2 years but because of that mistake, she lost a house that would've given both her and her children security.  Instead, my dad forced her to sell it and give him half.  Had my mom been allowed to keep the house, it would've been paid off my the early 90's and been worth at least a half million by then.  Instead, my mom was forced to live in low income housing while battling cancer.  Part of me still hates my dad for that.

Ironically, they ended up coming back together as roommates late in life---nothing more although my dad wanted her to remarry him to which she responded, "Kique, please!  You think I'd make that mistake again!".  Aww, my mom.  She was a wise woman.  Have I mentioned how much I miss her lately?

So, when Dad got really old and couldn't drive, my mom refused to buy him cigarettes and more than a couple of dollars worth of lotto tickets.  When my dad collapsed before he died and was being wheeled away on a stretcher, he cried out for my brother.  He begged my brother to find the $2 winning lotto ticket on his dresser and cash it in for 2 more tickets.  That was my dad.  God bless him.
So I play the lotto... and I dream about winning the lotto.. All the things I would do... Fuck anyone who says money doesn't matter.  It does.  I could do anything I wanted and live anywhere I wanted if I had an abundance of wealth.

All this money dreaming has inspired me to do another theme mix.  Occasionally, I make theme music compilations for fun (have some about rain, time, wine).  This one is all about money....  Maybe if I listen to it not stop, it will plant a subliminal seed that will shift the lotto forces in my favor.  In spite of my not working and being on unemployment, I still play the CA Lotto and the Mega Million.  The universe can't shine that bright light on you without the opportunity.

I'm taking this mix to my hill today... hopefully walk off that hangover and work that whole law of attraction thing:

Money Money Money - ABBA
Free Money - Patti Smith
Money - Pink Floyd
She Works Hard for the Money - Donna Summer
For the Love of Money - The O'Jays
Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money) - The Pet Shop Boys
Take the Money and Run - Steve Miller Band
Red Money - David Bowie
Squeeze the Trigger - De-Phazz
Love or Money - Joni Mitchell
All That Money Wants - Psychedelic Furs
If I Were a Rich Man (Fiddler on the Roof)
Money (Cabaret)
Dirty Cash (Stevie V... which will, incidentally, always remind me of the time I went to the NYC sex club, The Vault, fully clothed, only to be stalked by some guy in a bondage mask jerking off to that song... it was kind of exciting and gross at the same time)

Music is power.


No comments:

Post a Comment