Friday, June 29, 2012

A Question of Time

The last time I can recall looking at a clock last night before bed, it was around 10:30.  I had just finished brushing my teeth and was dancing with Magic to Marianne Faithfull's, The Mystery of Love....

Shortly after, I went to bed.  I didn't fall asleep but rather dealt with the random thoughts that invaded my psyche.

My questionable future... that awful place that shall not be named (unfortunately, speaking to that former coworker planted those seeds).... Gold... My upcoming birthday... my cunt sister and the fact that she never paid my graphic designer friend in LA and who is now pissed at me as a result...potential for voiceover work... this play that I started writing shortly after my mom died that I haven't been able to resume because it's too fucking painful...Gold...my only fan who sort of has a crush on me and whose feelings I don't want to hurt....Yesterday.... Gold... People from my past who I loved once and lost.... Gold... voiceover...Gold... the lotto and what I would do if I won.  Produce my incomplete play in New York?  Maybe.  Gold.  I really wanna sell my mom's necklace so I can move forward with the next phase of my life.  I sort of feel stagnated right now.  Thoughts... passing... Time Passages by Al Stewart... Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight...Hole... New York Fucking City... my old drag queen friend, Phaye and all the coke we did in the 90's.. that time my hair caught on fire at this gay bar in Chelsea when Phaye put it out and I got drink tickets all night....those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end....Gold...my Ecuadorian cousin in NY who barely speaks English and who I've never met but who wants me to come out to see him...ObamaCare and how happy Mom would be about the Supreme Court decision if she were still alive.... Gold

This didn't seem like it went on for long.... then I looked at my iphone and it was 3:18 in the morning.

Holy fucking shit.

Apparently, my mind had been on this tangent for at least 4 hours, probably more and it seemed like only a few minutes. 

WOW.  That is the first time I have ever lost time like that and it sort of freaked me out a little bit....

My former coworker claims to be psychic.  I always sort of paused and frowned inwardly when he told me this because if he were truly psychic, he'd have immediately sensed the toxic energy in the place that shall not be named.  Last night as we spoke, he told me that he wanted his vocational direction to go elsewhere per the advice of his own psychic and what she saw in his future.  Then I asked him if he saw anything when it came to my future.  He said "no".  I then told him about my plans to do voiceover and asked if he got anything from that.  He said he would have to do a reading.. it wasn't that easy to get a sense of someone's future by phone....  yeah, okay.  It's not like I'm all gung ho on psychic predictions after all the predictions I sought that never came true before I got laid off.

This morning I got an email from him telling me he had a glimpse of my future. It was me standing over a table of animation images so he didn't think that it was any connection to voiceover but I would be doing something creative, which is good.

But I'm not an illustrator so that didn't really make a whole lot of sense...unless, gaming?  Animation and gaming?  Marketing for gaming entities?  But wait....

Animation for the screen is accompanied by voiceovers and this is the actual type of voiceover work I'd prefer doing (as opposed to primarily newsworthy/announcer work).  I don't think he considered this and I never told him about the fact that I had submitted my resume to mostly gaming companies.

Maybe it means something.  Maybe it doesn't. It did, however, make me take pause and go "hmmmmm".

The only member of my fan club sent me an email invite to go sailing down the Napa river on Sunday... I haven't been sailing since I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment