Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Place That Shall Not Be Named

Tonight I got an email from someone I worked with at that place.. the place that shall not be named.  He tracked me down via LinkedIn.  Apparently, he was treated the same way I was and he no longer works there.  Exnay on the etailsday.

He wanted advice.  My advice to him wasn't advice at all it was a congratulatory verbal high-five.

I liked this guy a lot.  He started working only a few weeks before I was laid off.  He's older but well-educated, spiritual and had a little something that I'm quite fond of called a personality.  I knew right when I met him that he was not long for that place.   At the place that shall not be named, you can't have any of those things to have longevity let alone all three...

As I told him how much better my overall demeanor and value of self-worth was since I got laid off, I suddenly felt better than I've felt in a long time.  I guess I had to hear myself say it in order for it to click.  And it did...

Life ain't so bad, dammit.  It's gorgeous outside.  I went to TJ's today and Tribunal is still on sale.  I bought a ton of veggies and have been juicing my heart out, doing yoga and feeling pretty wonderful.  The sun is setting now behind the vineyards on the horizon while a cool breeze soothes....I got an interview request from a potential employer that sounds interesting...

So, I say to my former colleague, "this is good.  welcome to the first day of the rest of your life."

And we laughed...

No comments:

Post a Comment