Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 10 - Shit my Body Says

This morning I woke up feeling bad... like I did during the first few days of the fast.  I had a throbbing headache, my left shoulder hurt and I felt fatigued and sort of depressed.

Last night my gums were incredibly swollen and bleeding.  I use these drops called IPSAB Concentrate which is an herbal gum treatment plus I've been brushing my teeth with soap.  The swelling of my gums is on the inside cusp of my front teeth almost on the roof of my mouth.  Apparently, this is also a side effect as I did a lot of research and found someone in one of the forums who had this problem.  Supposedly, toxins come out through your ass, skin pours and mouth.  She said it subsided by week 2.  My gums were fine this morning.

I've decided to focus on green juice today and forego the orgasmic fruities like Canteloupe/Cherry/Blueberry I indulged in over the weekend.  Green juice will supposedly enable me to complete the detox phase sooner.  So far, I've had two juices today.

Breakfast was my own conction:
  • Lots of Kale and Swiss Chard
  • A green apple
  • A fennel bulb
  • 2 celery stalks
Lunch was The Hulk and I got it from the Omega Juicers site.  I skipped the cilantro as I didn't have any.

The Hulk:
  • 2 Stalks Celery
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 1 Apple
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • Ginger
  • 1/2 Green Chard Leaf
  • Cilantro
  • 3-5 Kale Leaves
  • 1 Cup Spinach

I woke up dragging my heels this morning but both times I've had my green juice, my energy has soared through the roof.  This is way more stimulating than coffee ever was. That said, I do enjoy my coffee every morning.  

I'm a bit of a coffee snob.  I don't do that Folgers/Maxwell house crap.  For my coffee enema later this week, I need to go out and buy organic coffee.  Apparently, my rectum is a coffee snob too.

While the thought of shoving a tube up my ass to release toxins from my liver doesn't really make me happy, the thought of feeling better does.  This detox shit is "for the birds" (as my dear, sweet mom would say).

Aside from bleeding gums, my face broke out yesterday and I had pains near my chest.  I have had consistent neck and back pain for the last 3 days.  Of course, there's that weird discoloration on my forehead which, at least, looks like it is starting to fade.  When I think about all the toxins I've put in my body, legal or otherwise, I fear that it will take years for me to get it all out.

Alcohol (you name it, I've drunk it), Poppers, Whip its, mescaline, acid, mushrooms, ecstasy, pot, cocaine, special K, crystal meth, heroin, crack.  In my own defense, I thought the crystal and heroin were coke.  I vowed to never smoke crack, until this guy I had a crush on asked me to go in his car.  I had no idea it was to suck a crack pipe. Cigarettes (both nicotine and cloves in the 80's cuz they were way cool back then until I smoked one after drinking a bottle of tequila and threw up all over myself.  Never touched a clove after that)

Pharmaceuticals.
For my seizure disorder: dilantin, topamax, keppra, lamotrogine, For anxiety: Valium, Klonopin, Xanax, Ativan.  For pain:  vicodin, tylenol 3 with codeine, percocet, darvocet. For depression: Lexapro, Celexa and Paxil.  Never did last on those depression drugs because they made me fat and I was just too vein for that.  Rather be thin and depressed as opposed to fat and not-depressed---I say "not depressed" because anti-depressants do not make you happy.  They make you not give a shit and I don't necessarily think that's healthy... but that's me. It also made it very difficult to audition or act because I was so detached from my feelings. 

I went through a phase where I would go to a tanning salon.  This is what LA does to you... you end up doing shit you never, ever thought you'd do.  I'm sure that was not good for me either.  I gave it up when I started to look orange.  A friend asked if I was auditioning for the role of a carrot.  I knew right then that it was over.
 
And, of course, there's the over the counter medications I've taken for pain, allergies, sleep, colds and various other ailments.  Let's not leave out all the smog and metals I've been exposed to over the years.  Even in my beautiful wine country abode, I am surrounded by toxins.  The vineyards are sprayed by pesticides constantly and the guys who do it wear hazmat suits so clearly, it ain't safe.  These vineyards are on 3 sides of me (the 4th side is attached to the main house).

So, you see.  10 days is not a realistic duration of time for me to get all this shit out of my system.  Everything I've read states that the longer you can fast, the more beneficial it is.  Given my current situation of not working, I can do this now.  If I were working, I couldn't.  I am still looking for work regularly but nothing has stuck.  Very bummed out about the performing arts center which I interviewed for a couple of weeks ago.  But I guess it happens for a reason.  I just can't see it yet. Perhaps it's so that I can complete this fast and purge my body and soul. 



No comments:

Post a Comment