Sunday, July 8, 2012

First 2 Days of Juice Fast

The night before Day #1, I started getting a headache.  Perhaps it's a result of weening off the coffee, sleep meds and wine plus infusing more greens into my juicing regimen.  I also hadn't been eating a whole lot in the days leading up to it.  I nibbled throughout the day and in the evening had dinner.  The pain in my head was so bad Friday night that I could feel a vein in my forehead pulsating.

When I woke up Saturday, I felt hungover.  Not having my coffee was cruel but I persevered.  I juiced all day but felt nauseous, had a headache from hell and my shoulder started to hurt.  There were moments where I felt better but ultimately, I'd get back to that place where I didn't want to get out of bed.  At night, I couldn't sleep so I took a melatonin.  It's natural so I figure it's better than the countless other OTC/pharm meds that I've taken for insomnia.  That melatonin was the best thing I could have done for myself as I slept like a baby.  I cannot recall sleeping that well this year...

I woke up feeling much better.  The pain of not having my coffee wasn't as brutal as the previous day.  I have juiced throughout the day.  My neighbor gave me clippers and told me to take one of the five celery plants in her planter boxes.  I have so much celery, it should last beyond the rest of the fast (if it ends up being 7 days.  I may extend to 10).  I have to wash it, though, which is bitch especially when I feel like utter garbage.  She also gave me a bag of Kale... it, too, needs to be washed.  I'm about halfway done with all the washing.  It's so awesome that the vegetable garden is harvesting right around the time that I decided to do this fast.  Tomatoes should be ready to pick later this week.

Hunger pains come and go, I'm weak, tired and somewhat delirious if I exert myself (like harvesting/cleaning the veggies from the garden).  My headache is still terrible and I will miss my Sunday ritual of True Blood and red wine but I'm proud of myself for keeping on with it...

While today is a little better than yesterday, I'm hoping that tomorrow is even better.  Supposedly by the 3 to 4th day, hunger pains fade and the overall unpleasant phase of the fast fades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment