Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 8 - I am Becoming Aware of Myself as a Game Master

And so I have surpassed my initial goal of a 7-day fast. I'm now at 8 and I feel grrrreat!  That said, I have had moments where I'm tempted to pop the cork on one of the bottles of Tribunal currently stored in my kitchen cabinet.

I found out a little more about Tribunal as I was chatting it up with one of the Trader Joe's reps.  Kenwood bottles Tribunal and both the name and the recipe is exclusive to Trader Joe's.   You can't get it anywhere else and most of the year, you can't even get it at Trader Joe's.  I made it a point to stock up on this year's shipment.  It's a constant temptation while I'm fasting.  But I'm still here drinking my juice, water, the occasional glass of almond milk and coconut water.  Oh, and herbal tea.  I'm allowed to have that, as well.

I also started brushing my teeth with soap.  Yesterday, I got concerned with the toothaches and gums bleeding.  Whether or not this is a result of detoxing and the fast doesn't really matter.  The point is I like my teeth and I have no intention of parting with them. 

I did some research on holistic remedies and apparently plain old hand soap does the trick.  It kills all the bacteria in your mouth.  Both flouride and glycerin are found in toothpaste. While natural toothpastes like Tom's or the Trader Joe's brand do not include flouride, they do have glycerin which coats the teeth and doesn't enable them to remineralize. 

I spent hours reading testimonials from people who used soap to brush their teeth and I couldn't find one single negative review or skeptic commentary refuting that it works.   Every single one raved about how dramatically their oral hygiene improved since using it.  I used it yesterday and today and my gums haven't bled and I haven't had a toothache.  So it tastes kind of funky. Apparently, there are some brands that release overpriced tooth soap that mask the taste of soap with peppermint or cinnamon.   No thanks.  I'll stick to my $2 bar of Irish Spring.

I feel good and my skin looks really good. Today, I concocted the best juice I've had all week.  1/2 a cantaloupe, a large handful of cherries and a large handful of blueberries. 

Lucky for me, my juicer does juice cherries with the pits.  Apparently, it's one of the few juicers that does.  Eat your heart out, fucking Champion.  I have to send that juicer back as the WD40 remedy didn't work.  Can't wait to find out just how much it will cost me to ship. 

My only problem with the Omega VRT350 is that it ejects a lot of pulp in the juice.  I got a strainer but it's a bitch straining because the pulp is still very watery and I feel that by discarding it, I'm discarding juice so I sit there and attempt to squeeze the juice out of the pulp with a spoon which takes a while.  That said, the quality of the juice from the Omega is so much better than the quality of juice from the Champion. 

I got a lot to do today and not a whole lot of time.  Was disappointed that both jobs that I phone interviewed with last week didn't transpire.  I can only believe that this is all for a reason and trust....the unknown.



No comments:

Post a Comment