Friday, July 27, 2012

Juice Fast Day 21

Props to me for making it this far.  Three weeks on nothing but juice, decaf herbal tea, coconut water, water and almond milk.  For someone who started her day with coffee and ended it with either a glass of red wine or a beer, that's quite an accomplishment.

The year I left LA, I had a weird discoloration that appeared in my upper abdomen just under my breasts.  It was very pronounced. When I moved to FL to care for my mom, I went to her doctor who looked at it and said I should go to a dermatologist.  I've lived with it for 5 years always believing that it was probably from my LA days of tanning beds.

This morning I noticed it was gone.  Well... mostly gone.  At first glance it looks gone but taking a closer look there is still a faint discoloration.

 If there was any doubt that this fast isn't doing something to heal my body, that doubt is now gone.   It could also be a result of the dry skin brushing but I've only been doing it for 5 days.

I've definitely lost weight but I have no idea how much.  I don't own a scale as I pay attention mostly to my size than to my weight.  A few years go, I was 150 lbs but got into a size 8 and didn't look overweight.  Muscle mass weighs more than fat so poundage can be misleading.  I'm all about size.

Lately, I have noticed vibrations and energy in my body.  I can definitely feel it moving around in a circular motion inside of me.  Sometimes when I close my eyes, I see waves of light almost in a kaleidoscope pattern.

A week from Monday is my scheduled date to break the fast.  The only thing that would cause me to break the fast early is a job interview that would call on me to drive into San Francisco but I don't foresee that.  Not sure if I want to go back to coffee in the morning as a ritual.  Think I might drink more tea.  Tea and I have bonded over the last few weeks.

Perhaps I will move to England since I drink tea, love their ale and have no reason to say in this country.  In fact, I need a change.   Plus all the cool bands are from England.


No comments:

Post a Comment