Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Juiceperimentation

In preparation for the big day, I'm experimenting with veggies I already had in my fridge.  Plus my neighbor just brought me a huge (and I mean HUGE) bag of celery from the garden.  She said I could help myself to the Kale that's ready to harvest.   If that ain't the universe's way of saying, "You go, girl!", then I don't know what is....

I just juiced the following and it's actually pretty good considering it was my own concoction.

A lot of celery (about 20 stalks but the stalks are really tiny and not like typical store-bought celery)
1 large cucumber
3 thin organic carrots
1 organic red apple

I'd say this was comprised mostly of celery.  The apple and carrots help sweeten it up.

I've experimented in the past and was stuck with juice that tasted like ass (or ahem.. what I would imagine ass to taste like, of course).

This concoction did give me a nice little surge of energy.  Got the Dum Dum Girls on my ipod and am heading up to my solitary hill....

G'day (an homage to Joe Cross)...


No comments:

Post a Comment