Thursday, July 5, 2012

Somewhere in Between

2 more days till I start my juice fast.  I am exhausted today due to the fact that I didn't take any of my sleep aides last night.  I slept maybe 5 hours. I also had only one (and a half) cups of coffee this morning...  I juiced ginger and lemon and mixed it with hot water because I read that it was a good mental stimulant...apparently it stimulates a few other things too...

I'm making it a point to juice what fruits/veggies that I've already had in my fridge so that they don't go bad.   Then tomorrow I shop.  I usually only shop twice a week but, in an effort to ensure the veggies are as fresh as can be, I will go tomorrow and again on Tuesday.

Yesterday's mish mosh cocktail wasn't so bad... today's wasn't very good.

Lots of celery from the garden (about 20 stalks)
1.5 small organic apples (couldn't do 2 because it was partly bruised)
1 large beet

It ended up being a pretty massive glass.   I drank it in spite of the fact that it didn't go down well.   It hasn't really sat well either.  My stomach has been not so happy...  In fact, I opted not to go for a walk. I'm just too tired and don't want to stray too far from my comfort zone... God forbid something happen and I don't really think I need to go into detail in regard to just what I'm referring to...

That happened to me once in NYC.  I got food poisoning at work and took a cab home.  I worked midtown and lived in the village so the commute wasn't an easy one.  In the cab, I proceeded to get violently ill... everything was coming out both ends and I was not only physically disgusted but mortified.  The middle eastern cab driver pulled over and started yelling at me to get out of his cab and I refused to. I ended up giving him all my cash (which was about $25 more than the fare) plus  a pack of Nat Sherman cigarettes just to get him to drop me off at my doorstep.   Needless to say, I was not happy.

Perhaps I'm starting to purge already considering I've decreased (and even cut out) certain habitual toxins these last few days and boosted my green juice intake.  Plus I added Psyllium Husk to my diet since it was recommended.  Not sure.  I really hope to sleep well tonight.

I'm not weighing myself or anything.  I judge my size by how my clothes fit.  I can tell I've lost weight since going on the thyroid meds because some of my clothes are super loose.  There are clothes I outgrew after my mom died that I'm hoping to fit back into after this little respite from solid food and toxic fluids...

Tomorrow I have a phone interview with a performing arts center in the Bay area... it's for a marketing position and it would require me to move eventually which is okay...  San Francisco would be more accessible as I'd have access to the BART.  Right now, the only way I can get into SF is to drive either into the city which is a bitch or drive to Larkspur (Marin county) and  take the fairy into the city.  Then there's that matter of getting around the city.  SF definitely does not have the transit system NYC does.

While on the topic of NYC, if the opportunity arose, I'd move back.  I miss it.  Not only does it have the largest theatre community in the country, I also have a lot of friends there.

When I win the lotto, I will probably move back to NYC.  In the interim, though, I juice....


No comments:

Post a Comment